Adhere plus Flexible Cemenitious water proof coating
ADHERE PLUS is a polymer modified mortar, supplied in powder form. Once mixed with water, produces a decorative coating that is easily placed in a single layer with good waterproofing performance.
Protection against weathering and for waterproofing of concrete, cementitious renders, concrete blocks, natural stones and bricks. For interior and exterior applications.
- Waterproof against rainwater and permeable to water vapour.
- Single component. Only requires water for preparing the mix.
- Applied in a single layer. Excellent coverage and savings in man-hours.
- Long lasting and low maintenance. Cleaned with water, with or without pressure.
The surface to be coated with ADHERE PLUS must
be perfectly clean and free from grease, oils, fungus,
paints or algae. Also the substrate must be structurally
sound. Before applying ADHERE PLUS, a final
washing of the substrate should be done to eliminate
dust and dirt and to dampen it.
Any cracks, honeycombs, defects or damages of the substrate will be repaired using ADHERE CRETE.
ADHERE PLUS is mixed only with clean water. The average amount recommended is about 25%, which is equivalent to 6.25 litres of water per 25 kg of ADHERE PLUS. Mixing can be done mechanically or by hand. When mixing by mechanical means add gradually the powder to the water and mix with a low speed mixer (400-600) until obtaining a lump free, homogeneous mix. Allow the mix to rest for 2 min, after which application can begin.
During the application, the substrate must be kept damp. The application can be done using a fine haired brush / roller / mortar spraying machine. A single coat is applied striving to cover the surface completely. In case a second coat was needed, it can be applied between 12 - 24 hours after the application of the first one. Tools are cleaned with water immediately after the application.
- If ambient conditions of temperatures above 25ºC, dryness or wind are present, some precautions during the first 6 hours should be taken to favour the curing, such as protection against the wind. It is also advisable to lightly spray the surface with water, taking care to do it in an even and careful way to avoid creating any colour difference.
- Avoid applications in areas exposed directly to the sun, because any shade on the surface may cause colour difference.
- Do not apply if rain is expected in the following 4 to 6 hours after the application.
|Open time @ 20°C||60 min.|
|Coverage (kg / m2)||1 - 2.5|
|Maximum aggregates||0.63 mm|
|Flexural strength||7.5 Mpa|
|Compression strength||30 Mpa|
|Adhesion (Applied in 1 mm thick on a smooth substrate, breaks the substrate)||0.6 Mpa|
|Set density||1.75 g/cc|
- This product is not recommended to be used for positive or negative static water pressures.
- Values in general after 28 days. Data obtained in the laboratory can vary on site, subject to application conditions.
COLOURS: Grey or white.
SHELF LIFE: 12 months from the date of manufacturing in ideal storage conditions.
PACKING: 30 Kgs
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
Because of its cementitious base, avoid contact with the eyes and skin. Use rubber gloves, safety goggles and dust mask. Clean immediately with abundant clean water in case it comes in contact with the eyes or skin. If irritation persists, consult a doctor.
Whilst any information and / or specification contained herein is to the best of our knowledge true and accurate, no warranty is given or implied in connection with any recommendation or suggestions made by us, our representatives, agents or distributors as the conditions of use of any labour involved are beyond our control.