ADHERE BOND 007Tile Adhesive white
ADHERE BOND 007 - White, Polymer modified, cement-based wall and floor tile adhesive suitable for fixing tiles and natural stones in interior / exterior use, including swimming pools.
Suitable for fixing at 3-6mm thickness (up to 12mm thickness in area of limited extent) wall and floor tiles, mosaics, vitrified and fully vitrified tiles, marble, terrazzo, natural stone, brick slips and rigid foam insulating materials. The set adhesive is waterresistant and is suitable for use in showers or totally immersed situations such as swimming pools. Not recommended for direct use on gypsum plaster, paint or metal. Suitable for use on glazed tiles and glazed bricks or when used in conjunction with ADHERE TAL. ADHERE TAL can be used in conjunction with ADHERE BOND 007 to enhance the physical properties of the set adhesive, i.e. impart flexibility, improve adhesion, reduce water permeability and widen application.
Surfaces to be tiled must be dry and fully cured, clean and free from all contamination. Existing unglazed ceramic tiles, vitrified & fully vitrified tiles, terrazzo and natural stone should be firmly bonded and any hollow or defective areas should be cut out and made good.
MIXING AND APPLICATION:
Add clean water to ADHERE BOND 007 and mix thoroughly until a lump-free mortar is obtained. A 25 kg bag will require approximately 7 litres of water. The adhesive is immediately ready-for- use and has a potlife of 3 hours. No further water should be added.
- Spread no more than 1m2 at a time, apply the adhesive to the wall or floor surface.
- Comb the adhesive to the required depth (between 3-6mm) using a suitable trowel.
- Press the tiles firmly into position with a slight twisting action, checking periodically that good contact is maintained with the back of each tile. Leave no voids behind tiles when solid-bed fixing.
- Tiles should be fixed within 20 minutes of adhesive being applied, depending on the porosity of the surface and atmospheric conditions. Tiles can be adjusted up to 5-10 minutes after fixing. Touch the adhesive ribs periodically and if a skin has formed, remove the adhesive and apply a new layer.
- Leave adequate joints between individual wall and floor tiles unless self spacing tiles are used.
- Clean off surplus adhesive from the tile face and between joints.
- Do not use in damp conditions.
Grouting should not be carried out for at least 24 hours. Use ADHERE BOND CTG (Cementitious grout) and ADHERE BOND ETG (Epoxy grout) for grouting.
|Mixing proportion(by weight)||1 p.b.w. water to 3 p.b.w. Adhesive|
|Working time @ 27°C||3 hours|
|Setting time @ 27°C||24 hours|
|ADHERE BOND 007||BS.5980:1980 minimum|
(14 day air)
|Dry Cond. (KN)||1.45||0.95|
(14 day air)
|Dry Cond. (KN)||13.60||8.90|
This will depend on the nature and flatness of the surface and the method of application, but at 3 mm thickness it is approximately 3.5 Kg/m² when using a solid-bed trowel. For good coverage, it is vitally important that all surfaces should be clean, smooth, plumb, level and free from defects and undulations.
ADHERE BOND 007 meet the performance requirements of BS 5980:1980 minimum (The United Kingdom) "Specification for Adhesives for use with Ceramic Tiles and Mosaics."
SHELF LIFE: 12 months from the date of manufacturing when stored in ideal storage conditions.
PACKING: 25 Kgs
Whilst any information and / or specification contained herein is to the best of our knowledge true and accurate, no warranty is given or implied in connection with any recommendation or suggestions made by us, our representatives, agents or distributors as the conditions of use of any labour involved are beyond our control.