ADHERE BONDS - 005Tile Adhesive Special
Excellent performance, highly polymer modified, high strength, flexible tile adhesive for fixing vitrified tiles and glass mosaics in interior and exterior situation. Suitable for walls and floors. ADHERE BONDS-005 is non-slip and water resistant.
- Suitable for indoor and tile on tile application.
- Excellent adhesion and low shrinkage.
- Curing not required.
- Floor can be used after 24 hours.
- Sufficiently flexible to accommodate physical and thermal movements.
- Ready to use. Need only water to be mixed.
Before starting any work ensure that the base is sufficiently flat to permit the specified flatness of finished tiling, bearing in mind the permissible minimum & maximum thickness of the bedding material. Suitable for tiling in the service conditions to which it will be exposed. Free from efflorescence, laitance, dirt and other loose material. Remove thoroughly by dry brushing. All tile and other non-porous surfaces should be cleaned down by washing with water containing detergent, then clean water.
MIXING AND APPLICATION:
Add clean water to ADHERE BONDS-005 and mix thoroughly until a lump-free mortar is obtained. A 25 kg bag will require approximately 7 litres of water.
- The surface to be tiled should be clean and sound.
- Spread no more than 1 m2 at a time, apply the adhesive to the wall or floor surface.
- Comb the adhesive to the required depth (between 3-6mm) using a suitable trowel.
- Press the tiles firmly into position with a slight twisting action, checking periodically that good contact is maintained with the back of each tile. Leave no voids behind tiles when solid-bed fixing.
- Tiles should be fixed within 20 minutes of adhesive being applied, depending on the porosity of the surface and atmospheric conditions. Tiles can be adjusted up to 5-10 minutes after fixing. Touch the adhesive ribs periodically and if a skin has formed, remove the adhesive and apply a new layer.
- Leave adequate joints between individual wall and floor tiles unless self spacing tiles are used.
- Clean off surplus adhesive from the tile face and between joints.
- Do not use in damp conditions.
|Bed thickness||2 - 6 mm|
|Pot life||3 hours|
|Setting time @ 27°C||24 hours|
|Temperature resistance||-30°C to 100°C|
- Do not use the shower for at least 2 weeks following the completion of grouting.
- Do not fill pool for at least 3 weeks following completion of grouting.
- Provided surface is sufficiently flat.
- Direct fixing in dry conditions only.
- Up to 12mm in areas of limited extent.
- Use a minimum of 3mm for floor tiling.
- Not recommended for use on paint and metal.
Grouting should not be carried out for at least 24 hours. Use ADHERE BONDS-CTG (Cementitious grout) and ADHERE BONDS-ETG (Epoxy grout) for grouting.
This will depend on the nature and flatness of the surface and the method of application, but at 3 mm thickness it is approximately 3 Kg/m2 when using a solid-bed trowel. For good coverage, it is vitally important that all surfaces should be clean, smooth, plumb, level and free from defects and undulations.
ADHERE BONDS-005 exceeds the requirements of BS. 5980 : 1980 minimum (The United Kingdom) "Specification for adhesives for use with Ceramic Tiles and mosaics".
12 months from the date of manufacturing when stored in ideal storage conditions.
PACKING: 20 Kgs
Whilst any information and / or specification contained herein is to the best of our knowledge true and accurate, no warranty is given or implied in connection with any recommendation or suggestions made by us, our representatives, agents or distributors as the conditions of use of any labour involved are beyond our control.