ADHERE BONDS - COOLHeat insulation weather shield & water proofing
ADHERE BONDS - COOL
Heat shield is a heat reducing & Energy saving elastomeric coating composed of acrylic Emulsion polymers, properly selected & graded fillers, light fast & weather durable white pigments, additives & water as medium. It is used as a heat insulating coating on building rooftops & exterior walls because it helps in reducing power consumption substantially by reducing the load on air-conditioners & keep the interiors cool with additional function of waterproofing.
About the product
- Within the dry film layer that serves as insulation medium to resist heat transfer Adhere Bonds - cool Heatshield
- Has thus the ability to slow down heat transfer remarkably and keep interiors of externally coated surface of a building cooler by re-radiating most of the solar heat back onto the atmosphere.
Specification: Conforms to ASTM E-903
Areas of Application
- Terraces and rooftops of buildings-cementitious, asbestos & metal surfaces
- Industrial & godown sheds with GI or asbestos roofs
- Exterior walls of buildings
- Cold storages, computer server rooms, electrical control panel rooms, etc.
- Metal & concrete storage tanks for water, chemicals and fuel in petrochemical industry
Features & Benefits
- Heat Insulation Reduces the conductivity of heat from exterior to interior, thus lowers the Temperature
- Solar Reflectance 83.8% solar reflectance (ASTM E- 903), re-radiated heat back to atmosphere
- UV and IR resistant Resistance to UV & IR emission, protects coating from damage and reduces heat Conductivity.
- Microbial resistant Resistance to algae and fungus growth results into lesser maintenance
- Non-Toxic water based system Eco friendly
- Energy saving Reduction in electrical consumption for air-conditioners, saves energy cost.
Method of Application
Surface preparation: on Cementitious Surfaces
- Surface to be applied must be free from dust, loose material, paints, oil, or any other material Which may impair adhesion?
- Mechanical means such as wire brushing & shot blasting can be used. Finally vacuum cleaning of all Loose solids and liquids can be done if required
- All surface cracks up to 5mm width should be filled up Adhere SBR Mortar
- Cracks more than 5mm and all separation gaps should be filled up with Adhere SBR
- All new cement-sand renderings & concrete surfaces should be allowed to age for 6 to 8 weeks Before surface coating
Apply with brush or rolier.
- Apply 3 coats of Adhere Bonds - cool without any dilution by brush or roller at an interval of 2-3 hours.
- Allow the coated surface to air cure fully for 7 days.
- Prime the metal surface with suitable anti-corrosive primer.
- Priming is not required for new GI sheets.
Precautions & Limitations
- Do not dilute.
- Always to be kept as final coat.i.e. No over coating on Adhere Bonds - cool.
|Appearance||Free flowing, homogeneous & uniform paste|
|Solid content. %||ASTM D 1010||1.01|
|Elongation. %||ASTM D 412||200|
|Abrasion resistance||ASTM D 968||No wear after 450 liters of falling sand|
|Wind driven rain resistance||TTC-555||No moisture penetration after 24 hours|
|Tensile strength @ 25°C.||ASTM D 412||0.276|
|Total solar energy rejected. %||94|
|SRI Value %||ASTM E-903||83.8|
|Accelerated weathering (2000 Hrs)||ASTM D 4587||Pass|
|Relative heat gain. Btu/hr/sq.ft||30|
- 3 m² per ltr per coat.
- Coverage may vary depending upon the texture and porosity of the surface
- 5kg, 25kg
Shelf Life & Storage
- Shelf life is 24 months from the date of manufacturing. Store in a cool & dry place.
- Keep away from direct sun light.
Health & Safety Precautions
- Skin Contact: Wash skin with soap & water. Remove contaminated clothes.
- On eye contact: Immediately splash eyes with plenty of water. Consult Physician if irritation persists.
- Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Call a Physician.
Other products categories available
- adhere bonds - cool brings you the widest range of construction chemical