ADHERE - QUEEN Cement Primer ( Water Base )
ADHERE - QUEEN Cement Primer (Water Base) is a quick drying, water-based and alkali resistant primer and sealer for interior and exterior cement plaster, fibre cement, bricks and gypsum plaster. It is versatile, allowing the underlying surface to breathe and expel moisture. Plaster Primer is pigmented white resulting in fewer topcoats over dark surfaces and has no solvent odour as it is water-based and non-toxic.
- For interior and exterior cement plaster, fibre cement, bricks and gypsum plaster.
- To seal porous cement surfaces.
- Offers a resistant barrier against efflorescence.
- Primes a multitude of substrates.
- Quick drying time, hence quicker paint to plaster time.
- Fewer topcoats required over dark substrates as ADHERE - QUEEN Cement Primer (Water Base) is pigmented white.
- No solvent odour.
- Water-based and non-toxic.
- Allows the surface to breathe and expel moisture.
- Excellent alkali resistance.
- 7-8m²per litre per coat. Applied in a 1 coat application.
- Coverage will vary depending on the porosity and profile of the surface. Highly porous surfaces may require a second coat.
Ensure all substrates are thoroughly clean, sound, dry and free from any contaminants such as dirt, salt, algae, oil, grease and loose, flaking paint. New surfaces: The surface must be clean and dry. New plaster must have dried for at least 28 days prior to priming. Previously painted surfaces: Loose or brittle material such as lime wash must be brushed or sanded off. Remove chalk on exterio surfaces by brushing and washing down with water.
- ADHERE - QUEEN Cement Primer (Water Base) well with a flat paddle.
- On porous surfaces, ensure the substrate is properly coated so that the surface does not show through the Masonry Primer.
- For brush or roller application
- Apply two coats of the Cement Primer to achieve complete obliteration on porous surfaces.
- For spray application:
- Dilute the Cement Primer with not more than 10% of the volume with water.
- Apply two coats of the Cement Primer to achieve complete covering on porous surfaces.
- Hands and equipment are easily cleaned in water while wet.
- Collect spills with suitable absorbent material.
- Ambient and surface temperatures must be between 5ºC and 35ºC during application.
- The moisture content of the wall must be less than 10% or have aged for at least 28 days.
- Skin contact: Wash thoroughly with soap and water.
- Eye Contact: Flush immediately with water for 10 - 15 minutes and contact a physician.
- Respiratory problems: Remove affected person to fresh air immediately and contact a physician. Not for internal consumption.
|Pack size||20 litre|
|No of components||1|
|Touch dry||± 1 hour depending on the ambient temperature|
|Hard dry||± 4 - 6 hours depending on the ambient temperature|
|Overcoating Time||± 4 - 6 hours depending on the ambient temperature|
|Application temperature||10ºC to 35ºC|
|Shelf life||2 years|
|Storage||Cool, dry area below 25ºC|
Properties listed are only for guidance and are not a guarantee of performance
Technical details above are provided in good faith. We are an ISO 9001: 2008 registered company and our products are manufactured to the highest standards using raw materials of superior quality. Consequently we believe in the quality of our products and will willingly replace any product in the unlikely event of a quality related performance failure. Whilst we are confident in guaranteeing the quality of our products, we cannot however accept any liability for performance failure due to the incorrect application of our products. Correct application is critical to the successful performance of our products and as this process falls outside of our control we are unable to cover the application under our product performance warranty. Where there are doubts, it is recommended that the user conduct their own suitability tests before use. To retain sheen and color consistency of your paint, always make sure that the batch numbers are the same on all paint containers that you purchase.